z

Young Writers Society



The Shadowing Enders

by Sean Pendr


hope you like it and tell me what you think. comments are appreciated. also this was a one shot rough draft i wrote it 30 seconds before i posted it.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The Shadowing Enders


Hatred and Pain both of kin alike,
Shadows that cast Fear at night,
Betrayal and Struggle fueling their fight.

Blood hath run on hardened blade,
Casting images of swallowing Fury,
Too often for Revenge.

Light diminished by cruel Power,
Corruption overruling Justice,
Rightness hath been left astray.

All the Hope hath long a gone,
Leaving Mortals with no song,
No Strength to carry through,

Death, Decay hath taken hold,
Leaving us its lasting screams,
No escape from what lies beyond,

We hath doomed us all.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 461

Donate
Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:36 pm
GingerLizzy wrote a review...



Hmm...

I loved the structure and flow of it all and think you have a real talent for that - better than myself anyway ^^ but I have to say I am not too keen for the idea. The title doesn't reflect well on the poem I do not think.

But, overall you are good at writing, just maybe this idea is not for me.




User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 58

Donate
Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:58 pm
Sean Pendr says...



i have just updated the poem with edits hope you like it! :wink:




User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 58

Donate
Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:59 am
Sean Pendr says...



Whoops!!!!! sorry about that!!!! I changed it and thanks for the comment.


Also the capitalization is NOT wrong they are THE ENDERS the peom talks about, they are supposed to be pronouns.

also the lines aren't supposed to rhyme they only have rhythmic flow throughout the statements.




User avatar
182 Reviews


Points: 1050
Reviews: 182

Donate
Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:07 am
Chandni wrote a review...



Sean Pendre wrote:comments are unappreciated.


I'm not sure what you mean by that? :?

But okay off to the poem itself.

Hatred and Pain both of kin alike,
Shadows that cast Fear at night,
Betrayal and Struggle fueling their fight.


This stanza seems nothing less than a bunch of statements, either there's a lack of flow between the sentences or you've done it this way to make it rhyme -which is called forced rhyming- Forced rhyming damages the scene for it is easy to discover, if you have indeed used forced rhyming, I best suggest you that a poem does not have to rhyme.

Also you've capitalized all the italic words I marked in this stanza, why? Might I remind you that there are certain lines you must follow when using capitalization. And I see no reason for these words being capitalized. Throughout the whole poem I see other words that have been capitalized as well. No need for that.

Blood has run on a hardened blade,
Casting images of a swallowing Fury,
Too often for Revenge.


The way you left "a" out made those sentences seem like a statements again, which struggles against the flow.

Light diminished by a cruel Power,
Corruption's overruling Justice,
Rightness has been left astray.


Well okay, I don't want to be boring and repeat myself too often but I hope you understand what I mean with these statements. I'm just going to add some things up now.

All the Hope hath long a gone,
Leaving Mortals with no song,
No Strength to carry through,


Sudden old English? :? well there appears to be a rhymescene here which hasn't appeared since the first stanza. I'd suggest you create a pattern with your rhymingscenes.

Death, Decay hath taken hold,
Leaving us its lasting screams,
No escape from what lies beyond,

We hath doomed us all.


There's actually nothing wrong with this stanza except for the capitalization, but okay you've already heard that ;)

Well overall, for a 30-second rough draft it was o-kay, here comes the but if you really want this to be something instead of just a "30-second rough draft" I'd highly suggest a re-write ;)

That's All

Cheerios, Chandni





The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451